References - Conception
Traffic Flow Improvement for the City of Addis Ababa – Ethiopia
Addis Ababa is the capital city of Ethiopia and hub of political, economic and cultural activities in the country with approx. 3.3 million inhabitants. It is also headquarters of the African Union (AU), the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UN-ECA) and the host of other multilateral funding institutions such as World Bank, the European Commission (EC) and United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
PB CONSULT, together with JBG and ALERT, carried out a detailed urban network assessment including analysis, optimization and simulation on behalf of the Road Traffic Management Agency of the City of Addis Ababa.
The results were performed into geometric plans to create a holistic improvement of traffic conditions with concepts for traffic management, detailed signalling technology and ad-aptation of the road infrastructure for the selected areas and roads of the city of Addis Ababa.
Road Traffic Management Agency (AARTMA)
JBG Gauff Ingenieure
- Analysis and Assessment of existing infrastructure
- Carrying out traffic surveys
- Street reclassification for the selected urban area
- Network-wide traffic concepts for central city districts
- Designing layout plans and planning of the signal control of signal-controlled nodes with LISA+
- Quality analysis of nodes in comparison of current state and planning according to HCM (6th Edition) with VISTRO (PTV)
- Traffic simulation of an urban area in comparison of ex-isting traffic and planning with VISSIM/VISWALK (PTV)
- Bill of Quantities for the traffic signal equipment