References - Conception
Traffic Concept for Lauf a. d. Pegnitz, Germany
Since the beginning of the 1990s, traffic policies in Lauf have been determined by the data gathered in a traffic survey performed in the 1980s for 25 years. In response to the changes in the framework of the dynamic area and traffic developments and the environmental objectives, a new traffic development plan became necessary.
PB CONSULT was commissioned to develop traffic-related guidelines with strategic key activities for the next ten to fifteen years. The traffic concept thus created is complemented by the definition of basic principles, priorities and the creation of suggested measures.
City of Lauf an der Pegnitz
- Camera-based traffic censuses
- Development of the main street network
- Concept creation and implementation of a speed limit of 30 km/h
- Evaluation and exemplary optimisation of the traffic flows to reduce and redirect the transit traffic
- Survey of truck traffic in residential areas
- Bicycle network planning
- Recommendations for the facilitation of accessibility
- Evaluation of the traffic quality at the main junctions Briver Allee and Friedensplatz and proposed solution for the reduction of the waiting times for pedestrians