References - Mobility Research
STADTPROFIL: Continuous Mobility Surveys
The STADTPROFIL is a modular survey and analysis tool that can be used to capture not only the everyday mobility behaviour of the resident population, but also the reasons for the choices of the means of transport and the experiences and satisfaction with the mobility situation. The first basic modules of the StadtProfil have been developed and applied successfully in hundreds of surveys in about 20 countries in three continents (Europe, North America, Australia) since the 1970s.
The StadtProfil is based on a written/postal household survey on mobility-related behavious in KONTIV design. These are complemented by further surveys on customer satisfaction. It is explored by feature-based and event-focused interviews on specific experiences and impressions during public transport usage.
Based on this, a comprehensive analysis of the opinions and attitudes held by the population is performed and the potential changes in behaviour are determined. Thus, the results of the continuous analysis of the mobility market are a valuable instrument that can be used by providers of transport services both in the operative area and for the company’s activities in public relations. Moreover, the data and results of the StadtProfil form the basis for further traffic planning and community decision-making.
VAG Verkehrs-Aktiengesellschaft Nürnberg
SSB Stuttgarter Straßenbahnen AG
- Definition of the samples and performance of the household survey (online, physical and per mail, via telephone)
- Research support via telephone (announcement of the survey, encouragement to participate, free service hotline, follow-up review for further clarification)
- Performance of the event- and feature-driven surveys
- Survey of the mobility behaviour
- Survey of the satisfaction with public transport
- Determination of the opportunities and support for the definition of appropriate measures