References - Infrastructure
Project Management for Tram Terminal Loop at Tiergarten Station
The tram terminal loop at Tiergarten station in the eastern part of Nuremberg had to be replaced for technical reasons. The terminal station of line 5 and the entire turning loop were affected by the measure. The whole small track loop was removed and replaced by a siding in the platform area. Additionally, the catenary system was replaced by masts with side booms. In the process, improved operation was facilitated and the station was made fully accessible.
PB Consult was commissioned for project management of the project levels 2-5 in accordance with the German AHO.
The losses in transport capacity caused by the extensive construction works and the blocking of a section between the Tiergarten terminal station and the Mögeldorfer Plärrer stop were compensated by rail replacement traffic. From the tree clearing activities in January 2019 via the mast replacement up to the restoration of a critical drinking water pipe of the N-ERGIE utility, the new terminal loop was put into operation again at the beginning of the summer holidays of 2019.
VAG Verkehrs-Aktiengesellschaft Nürnberg
03/ 2018 – 12/2019
- Organisation, information, coordination and documentation of the entire project and the construction measure
- Creation/adjustment/updating of the schedule for the overall project
- Cost control and review of cost estimates and calculations.
- Plan scheduling including analysis and evaluation of schedule updates
- Creation of monthly overall status reports
- Review of planning and execution changes
- Contribution to the acceptance of services and deliveries, tracking of claims for defects
- Controlling of the acceptance, handover and launch