References - Conception
Macroscopic Traffic Modelling
PTV Visum is the globally leading application for traffic analyses, forecasts and GIS-driven data management. It captures all traffic participants and their interactions and is the accepted standard for all aspects of traffic planning. PB Consult uses PTV Visum to create models of traffic networks and the traffic demand, to analyse the expected traffic flows, to perform planning of public transport and to develop high-profile traffic strategies and solutions.
The high-end software has multiple benefits. Using VISUM, the current traffic demand can be determined and visualised in a clear manner. Various planning scenarios can be evaluated comparatively which in turn creates the basis for the performance of infrastructural planning.
The presentation of traffic analyses in clear maps and tables enables authorities to understand the effects of planning scenarios and to obtain a well-founded base for decision-making.
PB Consult applies the PTV VISUM application not only in current projects, but also to train potential users utilizing the Certified PTV Trainer.
Bayerische Eisenbahngesellschaft mbH
Staatliches Bauamt Nürnberg
City of Erlangen
Stadtverkehr Friedrichshafen GmbH
Verkehrs-Aktiengesellschaft Nürnberg (VAG)
Kenya Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (MoTI)
Kenya Urban Roads Authority
Tanzania National Roads Agency
T-MODE Transport Planning & Engineering, Belgrade (Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport of the Hellenic Republic)
- Development of national overall networks (multi-modal)
- Development of national overall networks of public transport
- Development of street traffic networks
- Hub categorisation for the implementation of signalling equipment
- Surveys of traffic shifts
- Visualisation of passenger demand
- Demand modelling for the transport of passengers and goods
- Calibration and validation of traffic models
- Analysis of diverse development scenarios
- Mutual transfer of evaluations with GIS