References - Infrastructure
Implementation and support of digital processes in VAG bus depots
Digitalisation 4.0 is progressing in the Nuremberg, Fürth and Erlangen depots. Therefore, a depot management system (BMS) with a full-area tracking system was installed at the Nuremberg and Fürth depots as well as the central workshop. In addition, maintenance work, tests and troubleshooting at all depots are now digitally documented.
At the Nuremberg depot there are about 185 single and articulated buses. The proportion of natural gas buses amounts to around 45%. The current fleet also includes one electric and two hybrid buses. The depot has its own refueling and car wash system as well as a tire pressure monitoring system. The adjacent workshop also has a paint booth and an examination area.
PB CONSULT was commissioned to support VAG in various areas in the digitisation of bus depots and workshops.
VAG Verkehrs-Aktiengesellschaft Nürnberg
2017 – 2018
- Implementation of the depot management system
- Optimisation of vehicle disposition and parking in the operations hall
- Monitor the location accuracy of the systems
- Monitoring and entering vehicle data (e.g. consumption)
- Digitisation of inspection and maintenance protocols and associated processes.
The protocols include: Tacho inspections, main and safety inspections, repair work, troubleshooting, annual maintenance work.
- Coordination of system updates
- Staff training