references - infrastructure
Adaption of metro workshop Nuremberg
An adaption and extension of the existing VAG metro workshop an depot is necessary due to the planned procurement of articulated trains roughly twice the length of the existing approx. 38m trains. As the new train will not allow for a separation under operational conditions, PB Consult assists the client during the necessary adaption and extension of the existing facilities including:
- Adaption of the existing maintenance workshop with an extension of construction pits, elevated maintenance platforms and repair facilities for articulated Trains including the implementation of a new train washing facility.
- Extension of existing track for braking tests.
- Adaption of existing Metro facilities (e. g. signaling and interlocking, insulation, traction power supply, third rail).
VAG Verkehrsaktiengesellschaft Nürnberg
Südliche Fürther Straße 5
2013 – 2017 (estimated)
- Project Organisation
- Coordination of project participants, metro operation, engineering and operational safety
- Client support during tenders and evaluation of bids
- Support of approval procedures
- Preparation of decision documents
- Risk evaluation
- Proposal of design and process alternatives
- Clarification of safety and operational Guidelines
- Supervision of project timetable
- Check of planning and design for compliance with project requirements.