references - infrastructure
Preparation of technical specifications of a new Passenger Transport System at Frankfurt International Airport
Because of rising flight passenger numbers an extension of the Frankfurt international Airport is necessary. The distance between the northbound existing terminals 1 and 2 including the attached rail-way station and the planned terminal 3 in the south of the airport requires a powerful north-south passenger transport system. The required reliability, speed and capacity of the new Passenger Transport System (PTS) had to be taken into account in the system planning and design. Short travel and dwelling times are necessary to ensure the fixed “min-imum connection time (MCT)” for passengers changing flights.
The PTS has been designed with track guided vehicles on an independent track formation. The rail stations are connect-ed to terminal 3 via terminal 2. The PTS consists of the system elements Track, stations, vehicles and workshop. The double track has an overall length of 5.700 m, of which 3.350 m are on an elevated level, 1.100 m at grade an 1.250 m in tunnel.
The project is handled in cooperation with the LRTC partner companies.
2005 bis 2009
- System Planning, Evaluation of different technical and operational concepts
- Evaluation of investment volume and Life Cycle Costs (LCC) for different alternatives
- System Proposal · Simulation of different operational concepts
- Evaluation of different construction phases
- Planning of connection of the new PTS to the Railway Station of German Railways and the existing People Mover System
- Vehicle design
- Planning of workshop and depot
- Evacuation and rescue concepts
- Coordination of the tendering process
- Elaboration of tender documents
- Assistance in the awarding process.